If we told you that there are certain foods out there than naturally whiten your teeth, would you believe us? You should, because we’re not pulling your leg. There are some food choices that have many beneficial attributes for your teeth. Who knew? For obvious reasons, your teeth can’t attain the level of “whiteness” that bleach treatment can offer. However, given the fact that it’s nature’s way of keeping your teeth white, we think that’s pretty darn cool. Plus, most of these food choices are quite delicious and have natural sugars that won’t harm your enamel. Our office in Selden, NY likes being at the forefront of breaking dental news, and this, though not necessarily “breaking news”, is one way we like keeping you ahead of the game. Dr. Scotto-Lavino wants your teeth to stay as white as they possibly can, and by eating these five foods, you’re brightening your teeth without paying for any cosmetic dentistry services. How neat is that?
Without Further Ado, We Present The Following Tasty Treats
Alright. You’ve waited for it. You’re ready to find out which five (or so) foods leave your mouth happy with their whitening benefits. We’ll explain why each is great for whitening your teeth.
- Strawberries: These little delicacies contain a special enzyme – malic acid. Try this out for size: mash a few of them together and rub them on your teeth. Let it sit for five minutes before brushing and flossing. It really does work!
- Apples: This tasty fruit doubles as a natural stain remover when it increases saliva production. They’re capable of wiping out bad-breath bacteria, too. When you chomp down, your teeth are scrubbed clean. They weren’t lying when they said an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Oranges: This fruit’s tartness boosts saliva production, which in turn naturally washes all the bad stuff off of your teeth. All that peeling isn’t for nothing.
- Nuts: On top of being delicious, nuts are capable of rubbing plaque, stains and other film off your tooth’s surface. You’ll never look at almonds the same way again.
- Yogurt: Talk about a superfood, yogurt’s lofty calcium count keeps teeth strong, therefore keeping enamel healthy and as white as can be. We recommend Greek yogurt (it’s so good).
Learn More About How To Whiten Your Teeth During An Appointment
So, what all have you learned today? Hopefully, it’s that there are certain delicious foods that can keep your smile sparkling. Teeth whitening has taken on a whole new meaning, and we want you to take advantage of all the yummy benefits. Our Selden, NY office is happy to accommodate patients from all over the area including, Middle Island, Centereach, Medford, Farmingville and beyond.